Cuccinelli Can’t Run from His Record on Restricting Birth Control
Category: Birth Control
At a campaign event, Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli was asked if, as governor, would he "support and sign personhood legislation that contains restrictions on birth control medication and birth control devices."
Cuccinelli’s response? "I've never supported legislation that invades people's choices about contraception.”
How about when you:
- co-sponsored so called “personhood” legislation that, if enacted could interfere with personal, private, medical decisions relating to birth control, access to fertility treatment, management of a miscarriage, and access to safe and legal abortion;
- voted against legislation clarifying that birth control was not a form of abortion (TWICE);
- co-sponsored a bill that would require parents of teenagers to be notified every time they sought information or treatment for STDs or contraception — violating their right to privacy;
- supported letting your boss decide whether you can get access to affordable birth control—even suggesting people should be willing to “go to jail” to fight expanding access to birth control; and
- said that birth control with no co-pay is a “sterilization mandate” and an example of tyranny.
You’ll have to forgive us, if we’re a little shocked that Cuccinelli has suddenly said he never supported legislation that interfered with people’s personal medical decisions, it seems like he’s made a career of it. No matter how hard he tries, Cuccinelli can’t run from his record — and we won’t let him.
Communications regarding the VA Governor’s race on this site are paid for by Planned Parenthood Votes, and authorized by Terry McAuliffe, candidate for Governor.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Gynotician Alert Of The Week: April 24, 2015
April 24, 2015
The Human Trafficking Bill and Its Abortion Restrictions, From a Republican’s Perspective
April 23, 2015
Pastor (hearts) Planned Parenthood
April 22, 2015
Anti-Women’s Health Politicians in Congress Are Trying to Attack DC Home Rule and Women’s Reproductive Rights
April 20, 2015
Listen Up, Gynoticians: Americans Agree on Abortion, and You Should Stay Out of It!
April 20, 2015